Chris Drury was a busy man on Monday. The Rangers GM was wheeling and dealing, attempting to enhance a Rangers crew that badly wanted a number of items to bolster their probabilities come playoff time. Drury did simply that. Whereas he didn’t go get superstars, he bought items to spice up the roster.
To speak in regards to the strikes the Rangers made, we convey you a brand new episode of the “Up In The Blue Seats” podcast with Ron Duguay and Mollie Walker. The Put up’s Larry Brooks joined us in his weekly spot and we now have an at all times joyful dialog with the legendary voice of the Blueshirts on MSG Community, Sam Rosen.
Up In The Blue Seats Podcast with Ron, Mollie & Jake:
- MAKING MOVES: Rangers didn’t surrender a ton to enhance, buying Andrew Copp, Tyler Motte, Justin Braun and Frank Vatrano. Fortified the underside six with these strikes. Some present Rangers have pre-existing relationships with a few of the gamers they traded for.
- GRADES: Mollie provides the Rangers an A- for his or her commerce deadline haul. She loves what they did. Ron likes what they did, however hoped they bought a top-six participant. Rangers saved their present dynamic in tact.
Sam Rosen Interview:
MSG Community Rangers play-by-play broadcaster
- DEALS: Give the Rangers an A- for his or her strikes. They didn’t break the present core to enhance. It can take a while for them to gel.
- LAFRENIERE: His progress has been a bit sluggish, however he has taken a step ahead this season.
- STANLEY CUP: Doesn’t see it occurring this season, nevertheless it doesn’t appear too far within the distant future.
Larry Brooks Interview:
The Put up’s Corridor of Fame hockey columnist
- BLUE CHIPS: They didn’t surrender any blue chips. Give them a B+.
- DRAFT: Trades have to work as a result of they gutted subsequent 12 months’s draft.
- LINEUP: Rangers will likely be experimenting with completely different traces the following few weeks.
Compensate for all episodes of “Up In The Blue Seats,” a New York Rangers podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. New episodes drop Thursdays throughout the common season.